Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Arizona

My trip to Arizona was a success! I left last Wednesday night, and when I arrived my Pops was waiting for me. Even though we fought constantly when I was a teenager, and I disliked him during my parents divorce, we actually had a really nice time together and it was fun to bond. After my Dad picked me up from the airport we started the long 3 1/2 hour drive from Phoenix to his house in Snowflake. Wow, talk about a long drive! We finally got to his house a little before 1 a.m. when I got to meet my baby sister Mary for the first time. Her and my Stepmom, Leah, waited up to welcome me. Let me just say that Mary is by far the cutest baby I have ever seen in my life! She is so happy and hardly ever cried during my stay, even though she was sick.
I woke up in the morning to little kids screaming and running around; something that I am definitely not used to. I said hello to the other 3 kids (Caden-8, Collin-6, and Candice-4), and then the boys went to school. Mary and Candice and I just hung out and watched TV. Candice wouldn't call me by my name almost the whole time, she referred to me as "my big sister" instead. It was pretty adorable.

I got to visit with my Grandma Susan, and got to see my new baby cousin Kylan, who I forgot to get pictures of. I also got to see my favorite Uncle Kevin and Aunt Tracy and their family. We didn't really do much, just hung out and played outside. On Friday we went to a park and let the kids play since it was so nice, I even got a little crazy and played on the playground with them ha.
Candice and Mary, before our walk

Playing at the park

So happy!

Caden

Collin, the little jokester

Candice, my little shadow

Best buds

<3

Candice thought I was the coolest person alive... if only she knew! She wanted to share a bed with me every night, have me do her hair, sit next to her, hold her hand, and play with her at all waking hours. It was tiring, but she is so cute that I didn't care. 

While I was there at least 4 people, including the little ones, asked me when I was going to get married and have a baby. Only 21 and people already think I'm an old maid! Being around all those little kids did make me feel excited to get married and have kids, but then again scared because they were crazy sometimes. Honestly I think dating is way too complicated and emotionally draining, so I think I'm going to stay away from it for awhile. I found a quote on Pinterest that was exactly what I needed to hear last week:

 "No need to rush things. If something is bound to happen it will happen in the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason."

I had so much fun in Arizona and I wish I lived closer to all of my family there. This summer it is definitely on my list of places to visit so I will be there back soon. I have to admit though, it was a relief to be back in my own bed and in a house with no screaming little kids. This trip has made me grateful for my quiet house and my own room and bed! I am really looking forward to this summer, I have a whole list of fun things I want to do and exciting places I want to visit! I have been such a scaredy cat most of my life, but I realized a little while ago that you can't have fun if you're always scared. 

This summer will be an adventure, I can't wait!


<3

The end.







No comments:

Post a Comment