Monday, April 23, 2012

Vegas!

Well I get to check one of my vacations off of my list for this year. I usually go to Vegas once a year, but this time was a million times better than my previous visits! Megan and I decided we needed a mini vacation just for the weekend, and Vegas seemed like the closest place we could go where we could also have a ton of fun. A couple of guys came along for the ride also. Sometimes I reaaaally suck at driving, and I get stressed out when there is traffic and construction in the same place. It freaks Megan out haha. So she drove almost the whole way, it was so nice of her! Unfortunately we did not get any squeaky cheese from Beaver. What a disappointment.

We got to Las Vegas around 10:30 pm on Friday night and drove to our hotel, Polo Towers. We got such a deal online for a 1 bedroom suite so Megan and I got our own room. It was legit and the bed was huge and like a pile of clouds. I slept like a baby! After we got settled in our room we decided to walk the strip and see if we could find anything fun to do. We ended up at Carnival Court which is usually a good time. Megan and I love dancing so we have fun at any place with sweet music and an awesome dance floor. There was some creepy guy that was pretending to hit on me, but then he tried to trick me and steal my Coach satchel! He must have thought I was an idiot, but I realized right away what he was doing and got real mad. He basically ran away once he realized that I wasn't going to fall for that. We also lost one of the boys during this time; he felt that he needed to go back to the room by himself I guess. But the rest of us stayed out until the wee hours of the morning walking around and seeing awesome things! We were also really hungry, so after going to probably 6 hotels we finally found a place to eat. Who knew burgers could be so delicious at 5 am?! 

Caesars!

Bellagio!



Saturday we tried to wake up early despite the fact that we were freakin tired. Going shopping in Vegas is basically a necessity so we decided to hit the forums. On our way we stopped at this delicious restaurant and ate some chili cheese tater tots. I was in heaven. 

Shopping!

 We walked through the Cosmopolitan and they had a huge chandelier in there. Megan loved it!

We even saw this awesome cat that could sit up by itself and didn't even move if you touched it. His owner was a bum and I think she sedated him. How sad.


After a long day of shopping (I controlled myself and only bought 4 things), Megan and I had a fun girl's night out planned. We found this thing online called the "Vegas Crawl". It goes to 4 different clubs and it includes discounts on food and drinks. 

We started out at Coyote Ugly at New York, New York
It was not like the movie, but was still really awesome.

  Cat House at Luxor was next...

 Then Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay
It was so pretty there and was on the very top floor. They had an outside balcony so you could look over the entire city.

Lastly we went to Chateau at Paris
This place was so crazy and there were tons of lights and people everywhere

The whole night was seriously sooo much fun and we made some awesome friends! I even met some people that are from the Jersey Shore, they love GTL and DTF. 
Jersey Shore

Everyone we met stayed out and dance the night away, but we were just wayy too tired. It's not every day that I dance in high heels for 6 hours! Our feet were so sore that we took our shoes off and walked on the strip back to our hotel barefoot. How disgusting! We found out from a stranger that you can contract athlete's foot from dirty sidewalks. Luckily we dodged that bullet.

On Sunday we had to check out at 10, so we got a pretty early start back to the SLC. Of course like an hour out of Vegas we get pulled over. The cop was so nice though and only gave us a warning. We ate soo bad in Vegas and I gained 4 pounds. It was so fun though and I'm so happy I got to go with my bestie!

To top an excellent trip off, last Wednesday was also my last day of one of my classes. I am so happy because now I can focus on my class from hell. Aka American Civ. 

Can't wait for our trip next month! 


No comments:

Post a Comment